Wednesday, July 28, 2010

My Daughter's a Loser

so says Andy Polizzi, Nicole "Snooky" Polizzi's father. He may love her but this has got to hurt:

“When we go to venues, I like to stand out in the crowd,” he said. “She’ll be up there hooting and hollering, and I’ll say to someone, ‘What is it that draws you to my daughter? Be honest.’ Because it’s very hard for me to see what it is. She don’t sing. She don’t dance. I don’t want to say she don’t have talent ...” He seemed to have his doubts. Then he shrugged. “Everyone basically says they can relate to her. I think Nicole’s just a likeable person.”

I don't think there was a single, flattering comment in The New York Times aside from that "likeable person' comment and I am astounded that a father would tell The New York Times or any other publication that he cannot imagine why anyone would like to be with his daughter. Then again, she might not mind as long as she remains at the center of attention, particularly if she believes that any publicity beats no publicity.

No comments: